Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tamu Kudat ("tarap" fruit, durian,junk fruit and "bambangan" fruit season)

"Tamu" Kudat???

"Tamu" is a word that given by the native people of Sabah which is known as Rungus people. The definition of "TAMU" according to them is "to meet", "to discuss", or "to talk". The holistic meaning of it is a place for people to meet, to discuss and to have a talk..So amazing how a simple word "TAMU" had a special meaning. Isn't it?? hehe...

Description:
Tamu Kudat is held on tuesday( 3pm-9pm) and wednesday(morning-afternoon)

From my point of view, the season of these three types of special fruit is fall on August.. Why?? its because this tuesday when i was walking around at the "tamu" at Kuda(Sabah) with my mum and my cousin,Helda, I saw so many fruits was sitting on the covered floor...so,so attracted me.. +____+

As usual, I will choose to buy the "bambangan' fruit again..its my favourite soup recipe...hehe..

"yeh!!" mum help me buy "bambangan fruit".hehe..My mum (the pretty woman that wear pink-colored t-shirt).When i took this photo, she was already 46 years old..but still young looking.isn't it?? besides her is my cousin, Helda,a primary school teacher at S.K Muhibbah Kudat..=)

mum selecting the best bambangan fruit.

"bambangan" fruit.





This is 'tarap" fruit...abundantly found in Sabah( east Malaysia).


Mixed of "tarap" fruit and junk fruit.










mum bought "ikan bilis".

smile..=) my cousin,Helda.


I like to eat "ikan bakar" too..=)


The process of making "martabak"..=)


Overall: I like everything in "tamu" Kudat..=)

No comments:

Post a Comment